Vol. 5 No. 2 (2021)

Conceptualizing the Changing Face of Indian Retail Sector: Contemporary Issues, Challenges and Opportunities

Published 2021-06-30


Retailing includes the business exercises engaged with offering labour and products to the customers for their own, family or household use. It concerned with getting goods in their finished state, handing them in hands of the final consumer who are prepare to pay for the pleasure of eating, wearing or experiencing a particular product items. Retail management makes shopping convenient it means retail management helps customers shop without any difficulty. Retailing is also the most emerging trends in India after agriculture sector. The multi-layer retailing in India is the second-most decentralized monetary movement after farming and establishes more than 95% of exchange, leaving the equilibrium 5% to coordinated exchange. The International patterns and purchasing conduct is being reproduced in the Indian situation. The Purpose of this paper is to clarify current situation of Indian retail area and recognize the part of retail the executives. Research paper is based on secondary data and provides only descriptive information and statistical tools are not used.